'Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.' Psalm 37:4
Last week I saw a lifelong dream fulfilled.
Along with the beautiful Agnes, a kindy teacher at our school, I traveled to Kupang, on the Indonesian Island of West Timor.
We led professional development workshops for the teachers of Sekolah Lentera Harapan - one of the village schools under the same umbrella as our school in Kemang. The topics of our workshops were A Biblical Perspective of Discipline, and Supporting Struggling Learners. We also spoke to a group of 700 parents and teachers about Disciplining Children with Encouraging Words.
Karina (Principal at Sekolah Lentera), Agnes and me.
This is Sabrina, one of the teachers who translated for me.
The teachers and administrators at the Lentera School are an amazing community of young people, many recent university graduates, doing the best that they can with limited resources.
Here is Agnes in their school office.
The school bathroom...
I forgot my beanbag for a group game. I asked if they had a ball I could borrow...
The school library.
The Science Lab.
With the Lentera teachers.
The school rented a hall in the government building for their parent seminar.
A few of the teachers took us out to see some of the sights of Kupang after the last workshop.
Have you ever heard of a sasando? It's an instrument made and played in Kupang.


No comments:
Post a Comment