Monday, 26 October 2015

The Best Pictures I Never Took

Every single day living here in Jakarta I see the unexpected, and think, 'THAT would make an amazing picture.'  I want so much to be able to send a little taste of life in Indonesia to our friends and family in Canada, so you can experience it for yourselves.

Sometimes I see friends' photos on Facebook, and wish I could have caught that moment, or had the courage to stop and take that picture.  I would love for our friends and family to see them.

So this blog post is filled with pictures I didn't take.  A special thank you to my friends who let me share them with you.



This one's from Hillary's commute home from school in the morning.  She's in a car, and there are so many motorcycles that she can't drive on her side of the road.  (Photo: Hillary Burge)


The bajaj.  Your personal limousine.  (Photo: Stacy Trevino)



A local house on stilts by the river beside our school.  (Photo: Hillary Burge)


Pak Didi, our favorite veggie vendor at the local market.  The guy is a human calculator.  (Photo: Naomi Geidel)


The stalls and bajaj stop just outside our complex.  This is our neighborhood.  (Photo: Hilary Bergen)


The flower shops outside our gates.  (Photo: Hilary Bergen)



And to finish off, my personal favorite.  Having a spare tire around your waist means something completely different in Jakarta.  (Photo: Hillary Burge)









No comments:

Post a Comment